An inverter can be defined as an electric power converter that is responsible for converting alternate current to direct current from the mains to battery and again convert direct current from the battery into an alternating current for the connected load.
While buying an inverter, there are 2 main types to choose from. The first type of inverter is a square wave inverter, and the second, a pure sine wave inverter. Inverter price depends largely on the type you choose.
1. Pure Sine Wave Inverter
A sine wave inverter is an inverter that supplies power which is similar to the power supplied by the utility grid or mains. In a sine wave inverter, the output waveform of the voltage is a sine wave.
A sine wave inverter is regarded as the best inverter because a majority of the appliances that we use are designed in way that it can function well with a sine wave inverter. These types of inverters insurers safety of appliances and are widely used in commercial and residential applications.
Here are some reasons you should opt for a pure sine wave inverter:
● An inefficient power backup will greatly impact your electricity bill. A pure sine wave inverter is one of the most efficient ways of minimizing power loss so that your electricity bill does not go up. A sine wave inverter plays a big role in converting stored DC power to pure Sine wave alternating current that can be used by your appliances.
A sine wave inverter helps in minimizing the risk of damage to sensitive appliances with the help of pure sine wave output.
Benefits of a Pure Sine Wave Inverter
A pure sine wave inverter offers the following benefits:
● Output voltage waveform is a pure sine wave that offers low harmonic distortion and clean power like utility-supplied electricity.
● You can easily run inductive loads such as microwave ovens and motors faster, and quieter.
● It helps in reducing audible and electrical noise in fans, fluorescent lights, audio amplifiers, gaming consoles, Fax, and answering machine.
● A pure sine wave inverter helps in preventing data crashes in computers and technical glitches in monitors.
● Pure sine wave inverter can reliably power the following devices that will normally not work with a modified sine wave inverter:
a) Laser printers, photocopiers, and Magento-optical hard drives
b) Some battery chargers for cordless tools
c) Digital clocks with radio
d) Sewing machines with speed control
e) Medical equipment such as oxygen concentrators
2. Square Wave Inverter
A square wave inverter is the most popular inverter which is used everywhere. Square wave inverter is an ideal choice for areas where voltage fluctuation is more frequent, these inverters are pocket-friendly and more durable, output waveform of the voltage is a square wave. A square wave inverter is considered a suitable choice for running regular home load -like lights, fans, and bulbs television.
Benefits of a Square Wave Inverter
A square wave inverter offers the following benefits:
a) When compared to different types of inverters available in the market, a square wave inverter offers higher affordability.
b) These inverters do not need much maintenance and care. They need servicing only once or twice in a while.
c) Square wave inverters come in small shapes which makes their storage extremely easy. These inverters do not even require installation of any additional devices. Thus, making them convenient and simple to use.
Compare Inverter Pricing
While buying an inverter, it is extremely important that you compare the inverter price and then make your purchase according to your requirements and budget. You can shop for an inverter from a reliable brand like Luminous. They offer an extensive range of both square wave and sine wave inverters that are specially created for your home using the latest technology.
Invest in the Best Inverter for Home
Today with different types of inverters available in the market, it can be confusing to choose the right one. If you are shopping for an inverter for the first time, it is advisable to shop from India’s most reputed brand Luminous. They offer a range of inverters for your home. You can also seek help from their dedicated team of experts who will help you in choosing the best inverter for your home.
Buying an inverter is a one-time investment, so carefully do your research, compare and analyze inverter price and benefits, and choose the one that will perfectly fit your budget and fulfil all your backup requirement of home.