New Delhi, Oct 01, 2018: Industry-leading automation solutions provider Omron Automation has unveiled world’s first controller to support two industrial safety networks – CIP Safety and Safety over EtherCAT (FSoE), a protocol favored for its high-speed response. With this pioneering solution, Omron can now address 40% of the safety network needs of the global market.
The CIP Safety networking protocol has gained popularity among industrial robot manufacturers thanks to its ability to enhance flexibility and facilitate advancements in the industrial internet of things (IIoT). The controller is optimized to support applications in industries like automotive manufacturing and food factories where a wide variety of products are produced and production lines are frequently modified.
Scalable from large automotive production lines to small parts production lines; it helps manufacturers introduce flexibility into their production lines while keeping design effort and maintenance time to a minimum. It also enables quick and easy safety program design and improves the efficiency of safety management and maintenance.
Key features of the new Omron NX-series safety controller are:
- Two different safety networks in a single safety system to meet customers’ needs
- Integrated development environment – Sysmac Studio – for accelerated safety programming
- Easy maintenance and quick troubleshootingAbout CIP Safety :
- As the largest safety networking protocol, CIP Safety enables communication between nodes such as PLCs, I/O blocks, light curtains and interlock switches.
- Unique among safety network protocols, it was developed to be network- and media-independent as a fundamental part of its design philosophy.
It enhances flexibility by allowing safety and standard control devices to reside on a single network, thereby eliminating the need for purpose-built safety networks.In addition to the new hardware, enhancements have been made to the programming and configuration software. Sysmac Studio now offers functions such as automatic programming, safety data logging, online functional test and third-party CIP Safety device connectivity that includes industrial robots.