CYPRESS, CA ― July 2018 ― Metcal today announced the release of seven new hand-pieces to complement the Connection Validation™ (CV) soldering system. These ergonomic hand-pieces transform the CV system into a complete soldering solution for a wide variety of applications.
Metcal’s CV soldering system was released with great fanfare last year, winning a number of industry awards for its innovative approach to hand soldering. The system evaluates the quality of the solder joint and provides closed-loop feedback to the operator. This systemic and objective approach delivers repeatability and a measurable standard to the soldering process.
When the CV soldering system was released, it came with Metcal’s advanced CV hand-piece. Hundreds of solder tip cartridges were available for most standard soldering applications with the advanced hand-piece. Now, with the release of these seven new hand-pieces, the CV soldering rework system is the solution for even the most challenging soldering applications. The new hand-pieces include:
• Ultrafine Hand-piece: For use on delicate components
• Ultrafine Tweezer Hand-piece: For more versatility on micro-components, great for working under a microscope
• Precision Tweezer Hand-piece: Turns CV into a rework system for applications requiring the removal of surface mount components from 1mm x 1mm and up
• Desolder Hand-piece: For use on through-hole components
• High Thermal Demand Hand-piece: Provides a boost in performance by effectively delivering thermal energy to the most demanding loads
• Solder Wire Feeder Hand-pieces: Two versions that work with the solder wire feeder – an advanced hand-piece and a high thermal demand version
All of the new hand-pieces are now available with a number of unique tip cartridge geometries. The tip cartridges are available in a variety of temperature series to satisfy the most challenging applications. Metcal’s global distribution network has access to these and all Metcal products.
For more information about any of Metcal’s electronics assembly bench tool solutions, visit metcal.com.