MAX16137 helps automotive system engineers achieve functional safety while reducing size by 50 percent
SAN JOSE, Calif.—June 15—Designers working to achieve automotive functional safety in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) can now reduce solution size and complexity with the MAX16137 single-window voltage monitor with built-in self-test (BIST) from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM). This window monitor IC delivers robust protection by tracking both undervoltage and overvoltage levels with 1-percent accuracy allowing designers to accelerate system-wide functional safety by providing advanced diagnostics and reset capabilities. The MAX16137 also cuts solution size in half and helps reduce design complexity.
For details about Maxim Integrated’s portfolio of Essential Analog solutions, visit https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/markets/essential-analog-ics.html
Functional safety standards drive design direction in the automotive space. Voltage monitors play a key role in reporting the health of power supplies. Further, these systems must include test circuits to ensure reliable operation. The MAX16137 delivers both diagnostic and BIST at the chip level to help designers achieve system-wide functional safety faster for ADAS and other autonomous driving applications.
The MAX16137 BIST features check the supervisor functionality without the need for external circuitry, thus reducing design complexity. By doing so, the MAX16137 also reduces solution size by 50 percent compared to the closest competitive solution. The supervisory IC can be designed into a variety of automotive systems such as infotainment, body electronics, power, electric vehicle power powertrain and IoT systems.
Essential Analog ICs deliver Maxim’s advances in low-power, high-performance, single-function products to enable next-generation innovation in multiple applications and markets.
· Built-In Self-Test: Advanced diagnostics at the chip level help developers meet system-level functional safety requirements with less board space
· Precision Window Monitoring: ±1 percent accuracy voltage monitoring of undervoltage/overvoltage (UV/OV) values can be factory set at ±4 percent to ±11 percent of target voltage
· Smaller Size: Eliminating external diagnostic and test circuitry reduces solution size by 50 percent
· Design Simplicity: Reduces system complexity
· “Many automotive engineers are building autonomous driving systems where safety is paramount. They have requested higher accuracy supervisory circuits with programmable voltage thresholds and tolerance and built-in self-test, all to make their systems more robust,” said Binay Bajaj, director of business management for the Core Products Group at Maxim Integrated. “We are helping engineers accelerate functional safety and the MAX16137 is the industry’s only supervisory IC with BIST to help engineers meet their goals.”
Availability and Pricing
· The MAX16137 is available at Maxim Integrated’s website for $1.00 (1000-up, FOB USA); also available from authorized distributors
· The MAX16137EVKIT# is available for $68