Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA – August 08, 2016 – GL Communications Inc., announced today its latest product Multi-Stream Traffic Generator and Analyzer that generates and analyzes up to 16 user defined Ethernet/IP streams of varying packet length traffic.
Speaking to press, Mr. Jagdish Vadalia, a Senior Manger for Product Development of the company said, “With increasing number of applications running over IP networks, modern day IP networks are becoming increasingly multi stream, to carry different kinds of traffic streams: Data, Voice, and Video simultaneously. Since IP networks are packet switched networks, they suffer from the inherent impairments introduced by Packet switched networks for example Latency (Delay), Frame Loss, Jitter, Packet reordering. The challenge for modern day IP networks is to provide a good Quality of Service (QoS) for all the different kinds of streams despite the aforementioned impairments.”
He added, “Also, there is a need to measure key IP metrics that of Throughput, Frame Loss, Delay and Jitter when the simulated streams are passed through the test network. There are also many enterprise-level applications designed to work on different networks such as enterprise networks, storage, cloud services, web services, ftp, audio/video streaming, and so on. Such applications also require testing with the real network conditions prior to live deployment. There are number of ways to do this. A basic method is to use Ethernet/IP multi stream traffic generation and analyzer devices.”
Mr. Vadalia explained, “GL’s Multi Stream Traffic Generator and Analyzer is hardware based Ethernet tester capable of generating multi-stream Ethernet/IP traffic of varying packet length and also analyze the looped back traffic. This tool is especially useful for end-to-end testing of 1 Gbps and 10 Gbps WAN links.
The test results include Throughput, Frame Loss, Frame Delay (Latency) and Frame Delay Variation (Jitter) metrics for each stream. User can easily monitor the bandwidth performance using live throughput consolidated graphical view for all the streams (16 streams over 1G/ 10G ports). The Port#2 on PacketExpert 10G™ offers Smart Loopback functionality on both 10G/1G to loopback the incoming traffic back to the source in the network.”
- Test tool with Ethernet traffic generation and analysis capabilities in one-box
- Generate and analyze packets at 1GigE and 10GigE line rates. with zero packet loss
- Dual Ports – with electrical ports support 10/100/1000 Mbps, optical ports support 1000 Mbps using SFP, and 10Gbps using SFP+s
- Also available as Tablet-inspired Touchscreen Handheld platform (PacketExpert™ 10G with a Tablet PC) that makes it highly suitable for field testing
- Traffic Generation –
- Supports multiple streams with varying test configurations
- Streams can be defined with various header fields viz., Source/Destination MAC Address, VLAN Id, Source/Destination Ipv4 Address, Source/Destination UDP ports
- Mix of frame sizes supported per service – up to 5 frame sizes can be defined per stream
- Stacked VLAN supported – C-Tag and S-Tag to simulate Carrier Ethernet traffic
- Traffic Analysis –
- KPIs supported – Information Rate (IR) or Throughput, Frame Loss Ratio (FLR), Frame Transfer Delay (FTD) or Latency, and Frame Delay Variation (FDV) or Jitter, measured simultaneously for multi streams
- Easily monitor the bandwidth performance using live throughput consolidated graphical view for all the streams (16 streams over 1G / 10G ports)
- Detailed per stream statistics for unique streams
- Provides per port frame statistics g. Total Frames/Bytes Received, Rx Frame Rate, Rx Data Rate
- Command Line Interface for automated testing and remote accessibility
Stress test DUT/Networks by generating up to 16 user defined streams at full wirespeed (1Gbps or 10 Gbps) using Multi-Stream Traffic Generator.
QoS Prioritization can be verified in the network by generating background and foreground streams (up to 16 user defined streams) at full wirespeed (1Gbps or 10 Gbps) using Multi-stream Traffic Generator. QoS Prioritization can be realized by generating background and foreground streams.
About GL Communications Inc.
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of test, monitoring, and analysis equipment for TDM, Wireless, IP, and VoIP networks. Unlike conventional test equipment, GL’s test platforms provide visualization, capture, storage, and convenient features like portability, remote operation, and scripting. Our test solutions cover wide array of networks – 4G (LTE), 3G, 2G, IP, Ethernet, T1, T3, E1, E3, OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, and analog.
GL’s tools are widely used by the telecommunication industry for: conformance testing, automated stress/load testing, and performance assessment, and analysis. For more information about GL’s complete line of products.
E-mail: info at gl.com