— Six Demos Unveil the Company’s Latest Advances in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® Mesh, Multiprotocol Technology and Cloud Connectivity —
AUSTIN, Texas – Jan. 18, 2018 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) Silicon Labs will showcase a variety of low-power wireless connectivity solutions for smart homes, building automation, lighting, metering and other Internet of Things (IoT) applications at Embedded World 2018. Hands-on demonstrations at Silicon Labs’ Booth 4A-128 will highlight the company’s new low-power Wi-Fi portfolio, Bluetooth® mesh and Bluetooth 5 software, 802.15.14 Zigbee/Thread mesh solutions, multiprotocol support for Bluetooth to sub-GHz proprietary networks, secure device-to-cloud connectivity and digital isolation technology to protect embedded systems.
Silicon Labs offers the industry’s most comprehensive wireless connectivity portfolio for the IoT in standalone and multiprotocol configurations. With 15 years of mesh networking experience and more than 100 million deployed nodes, Silicon Labs is at the forefront of bringing multiprotocol wireless solutions to market. Silicon Labs is also a leader in Bluetooth innovation, delivering ultra-small Bluetooth system-in-package (SiP) modules and SoCs that support Bluetooth LE commissioning and Bluetooth mesh connectivity.
Silicon Labs Demos at Booth 4A-128
- Check out Silicon Labs’ new, low-power Wi-Fi technology offering a high link budget for fast data throughput and secure device-to-cloud connectivity.
- Connect to a sub-GHz network dynamically through Bluetooth LE on a smartphone and extend multiprotocol connectivity to a variety of proprietary wireless applications.
- Discover the benefits of Bluetooth mesh networking for applications like indoor positioning and see Bluetooth 5 in action with our sensor-packed Thunderboard Sense 2 demo board.
- Accelerate your 802.15.4 Zigbee/Thread mesh networking designs with Silicon Labs’ multiprotocol SoCs, development tools and reference designs.
- Discover easy-to-use cellular cloud connectivity with Silicon Labs’ EFM32 Giant Gecko MCU combined with a Digi LTE-M module.
- Learn how to protect sensitive components in embedded systems using Silicon Labs’ digital isolation technology and ultra-low-power EFM8 MCUs.
Silicon Labs’ connectivity, security and embedded experts will deliver the following conference presentations at Embedded World (NCC Ost):
- “What Is an IoT OS?” 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., Session 03: IoT I / IoT OS & Platforms
- “How Do You Select Which IoT Protocol to Use?” Noon – 12:30 p.m., Session 03: IoT I / IoT OS & Platforms
- “Security in Manufacturing: Closing the Backdoor in IoT Products,” 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., Session 02: Hacking
- “Dotdot Unifies Legacy Device Networks,” 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Session 04: IoT II / IoT Solutions
- “Understanding Advanced Bluetooth Angle Estimation Techniques for Real-Time Locationing,” 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Session 09: Connectivity II Bluetooth & Energy-Harvesting
- “The IoT Requires Upgradable Security,” 11:30 a.m. – noon; Session 11 I: Securing Embedded Devices I
- “ARM Cortex-M and RTOSs Are Meant for Each Other,” 11:30 a.m. – noon, Session 13: RTOS I Basics
- “Unraveling Mesh Networking Options – Benchmarking Zigbee, Thread and Bluetooth Mesh Protocol Stacks,” noon – 12:30 p.m., Session 20: Connectivity III / 80215.4, 6Lo & Mesh
- “Debugging Live Cortex-M Based Embedded Systems,” 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Session 34: Software Engineering VII Software Debugging
Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) is a leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world. Our award-winning technologies are shaping the future of the Internet of Things, Internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive markets. Our world-class engineering team creates products focused on performance, energy savings, connectivity and simplicity. www.silabs.com
Connect with Silicon Labs
Silicon Labs PR Contact: Dale Weisman +1-512-532-5871, email@example.com
Publitek, Alexandra Sorton +44 1225 470 000, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Silicon Labs at http://news.silabs.com/, at http://blog.silabs.com/, on Twitter at http://twitter.com/siliconlabs, on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/siliconlabs and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/siliconlabs.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements based on Silicon Labs’ current expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. For a discussion of factors that could impact Silicon Labs’ financial results and cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, please refer to Silicon Labs’ filings with the SEC. Silicon Labs disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Note to editors: Silicon Labs, Silicon Laboratories, the “S” symbol, the Silicon Laboratories logo and the Silicon Labs logo are trademarks of Silicon Laboratories Inc. All other product names noted herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.