Includes advanced measurement options and pre-amp for RF design and verification
YORBA LINDA, CA, April 11, 2019 — B&K Precision, a leading designer and manufacturer of reliable, cost-effective test and measurement instruments today announced the next evolution of RF test equipment: The New 2680 Series of Spectrum Analyzers.
This series includes a pre-amplifier, 2D spectrum monitor and advanced measurements such as channel power, adjacent channel power and occupied bandwidth, which are options on most competing models.
These instruments deliver performance and functionality in a compact, lightweight design. The series consists of 2.1 and 3.2 GHz models, both featuring a large 10.1” TFT wide-screen color display, 1 Hz minimum RBW and tracking generator.
The included PC software supports front panel emulation, 3D spectrum monitor, configuration, EMI scanning, EMI test reports and remote control capabilities via USB or LAN interface. These analyzers can be further expanded with two optional licenses. The reflection measurement license enables VSWR, reflection coefficient, and return loss measurements. The EMI pre-compliance license activates the instrument’s quasi-peak detection for EMI measurement functions.
The 2680 series is well suited for applications in 2-way radio, site surveying, EMI pre-compliance, characterizing the frequency response of RF devices and more.
Key features of the new 2680
- Frequency range: 9 kHz to 2.1 or 3.2 GHz
- Adjacent channel power, total power
- 2D and 3D spectrum monitor
- High sensitivity -161 dBm/Hz displayed average noise level (DANL)
- Low phase noise of -98 dBc/Hz @ 10 kHz offset
- Low-level uncertainty of ±0.7 dB
- 1 Hz minimum resolution bandwidth (RBW)
- Preamplifier and tracking generator standard on all models
- 10.1” wide-screen 1024 x 600 color display
The 2.1 GHz model 2682 and the 3.2 GHz model 2683 have attractive list prices at $2,950 and $4,490 respectively and come with a 3 year warranty.