By Mr Dhiren Chheda, Director, Vinay Electricals Solutions
Home automaton has been here for quite a few years, with systems that let one control the lighting, temperature, door locks, window curtains and much more. In the earlier years of automation, it was considered as a luxury but now smart phones and tablets are increasingly common to every household so the home automation is becoming easier to use and more affordable as well. Home automation is not only low cost system but it is a very effective one.
Here are a few benefits and advantages of Affordable home automation:
Saves money and energy: With the ability to control the lighting, dimming or turning on/off on specific time saves the homeowner a great ton of money. In addition, you can save gas, by not driving back home if you forgot to turn off appliances or lock the door. It will phase out the power consumption of unattended appliances and devices that are left behind once you leave the house.
- Security: The ability to lock the doors through your phone is one of the biggest benefits of home automation. This will give one the peace of mind knowing that the door is closed and not guessing.An automated home system will allow you to have automated door locks that will fortify your home security.
- Convenience: Another huge benefit one can get from installing a home automation system is convenience. The ability to control anything with your fingertips is very convenient. With our smart phone always being handy, one can easily monitor their home and control everything with just touch of a finger.
- Safety: This system makes sure that appliances are off when it is needed to be off and on when it is needed to be on. Having this convenience will allow one to check if an appliance is left operating which can lead to fire hazards and other severe scenarios. Not only that it will keep you and your family safe and prevent threats like fires, but it will also prolong the life of your electrical device.
- Saves precious time: Since home automation allows you to run your home from anywhere, one won’t have to waste their time to go home and open the door for their children. With a home automation system installed, one can focus on their work while being at the office or travelling. Managing everything from being just one click away makes life better.
In addition, Home automation is also helpful with:
- Keep an Eye on Your Kids, Pets, and Aging Parents using smart cameras with Ai technology and video door bells for guests.
- Trim Your Energy Bills by monitoring the device consumptions and scheduling usage of all home appliances
- Multiplatform integration and voice activation come in handy with older people with added convenience voice assistance via Google assistance and Alexa.
- Lots of smart IOT gadgets are compatible with one another, and one can set different triggers between devices to automate regular home processes. Apps such as IFTTT helps integrate multiplatform applications for smoother interaction between smart devices.
Today in India, more brands are entering the market since the evolution of such advanced technologies. The market for smart home technology is big as it provides plenty of options, one can even find a better and cheaper way of having a smart home so that even a common man can afford the luxury. Not only this, but home automation system is proven to be very beneficial in the long run.