Today, AMD delivered the new leader in datacenter performance, architecture and TCO with the 2nd Generation of the AMD EPYC™ family of processors, the AMD EPYC™ 7002 series.
Highlights of the day:
- 2nd Gen AMD EPYC™ processors provide datacenter customers with leadership CPU, holding 80 world records while delivering an estimated 25% to 50% lower TCO than competitive offerings
- Google announced it has deployed 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processors in its internal infrastructure production datacenter environment and in late 2019 will support new general-purpose machines powered by 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processors on Google Cloud Compute Engine;
- Twitter is using the 2nd Gen AMD EPYC to improve the TCO of its datacenters by 25%
- HPE and Lenovo announced immediate availability of new platforms.
Additionally, 2nd Gen AMD EPYC™ processors are also being adopted by customers like Microsoft Azure, Cray, Dell, and more.
The AMD EPYC 7002 series offers:
- Leadership Performance: Featuring up to 64 “Zen 2” cores per SOC, 2nd Gen EPYC processors deliver up to 23% more instructions per clock (IPC) per core on server workloads and up to 4X more L3 Cache compared to the previous generation.
- Leadership Architecture: The next-generation AMD Infinity Architecture pushes the boundaries for x86 performance and compute capabilities, giving customers access to the most I/O and memory bandwidth in its class, including PCIe Generation 4, to unleash the very latest in server performance.
- Leadership Security Features: Delivering “hardened at the core” features based on a silicon embedded security subsystem and advanced security features like Secure Memory Encryption and Secure Encrypted Virtualization that help customers guard their most important assets and data.
For more information about the 2nd Generation AMD EPYC™, visit the AMD site here. You can also read more about the more than 60 ecosystem partners supporting AMD EPYC™ here and at our blog here.
Visit the 2nd Gen AMD EPYC press kit here for full details, images and presentations. You can also see new videos below.
- New Leader. New Rules. Raise Expectation for your Datacenter.
- 2nd Gen AMD EPYC™ Time to Change