Summary: Learn how to design power chains that use bi-directional energy flow to harvest energy and achieve unprecedented levels of system efficiency.
Harry Vig, Vicor Principal Systems Application Engineer talks about:
- How to design for bi-directional DC-DC power flow
- A dynamic approach to using batteries
- Applications from DC microgrids to telecommunications equipment
- Using higher voltages to power remote loads more efficiently
About the Presenter
Harry Vig graduated from the University of Waterloo in Canada with a B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering in 1988. His broad experience as a test engineer and design engineer spans power electronics, opto-electronics and thermal control design for companies including APC, Bose and Ford. He is currently an Application Engineer at Vicor Corporation, helping customers develop high-performance power systems using Vicor power components.
Who Should Watch?
This webinar is ideal for any level of engineer, from junior to engineering director. Bi-directional converters are a new class of component and everyone involved in power system design should be aware of how they can help save and harvest energy to improve efficiency in a wide variety of electronic systems.
Vicor Webinar Series
Learn more about current trends and topics
Presenter: Paul Yeaman, Director, Vicor Applications Engineering
- 27-Sep Maximum Load: the Wrong Specification for Pulsed Power
Sign-up: 8:00am EST / 11:00am EST
- 3-Nov Thermal Considerations and Thermal Simulation tools