Saison Participating in Mission Renewable Energy through Supercapacitor

SupercapacitorAlong with the concept of Govt. Campaign “Make in India”, Saison also doing its efforts to make it successful with their wide range of products for Wind as well as Solar Industry.

The utility electricity sector in India had an installed capacity of 271.722 GW as of end March 2015. Renewable Power plants constituted 28% of total installed capacity and Non-Renewable Power Plants constituted the remaining 72%. Renewables are great for our energy portfolio because they are inexhaustible and won’t pollute the planet for us or those of future generations by emitting toxic chemicals and gases. Along with the concept of Govt. Campaign “Make in India”, Saison also doing its efforts to make it successful with their wide range of products for Wind as well as Solar Industry. After cost and efficiency, storage is the biggest obstacle preventing widespread use of renewable energy sources like wind and solar power.  A team of researchers says they might be able to solve that by integrating an electrochemical storage system – but not giant batteries.  Instead, they want to use electrochemical capacitors, commonly called “supercapacitors” or “ultracapacitors.”

The concept of supercapacitor has been around for years and has found many nice applications in real-life. Offering a very high capacitance in terms of small size, the supercapacitor actually resembles to a regular capacitor. The supercapacitor charges by applying a differential voltage to the negative and positive plates.

From manufacturing perspective, the supercapacitor is advancement between a capacitor and a battery. While the capacitor is built of conductive foils and dry separators, supercapacitor uses electrodes and a special electrolyte.

Conventional supercapacitors provide a high power output with minimal degradation in performance for as many as 1,000,000 charge-discharge cycles. The capacitor can rapidly store and discharge energy, but only in small amounts compared to the battery. The obstacle in the way of using either a battery or a supercapacitor to store energy in the grid is that energy storage ability is inextricably tied to the size of the battery or the supercapacitor being used. Supercapacitors, similar to lithium-ion batteries, are manufactured in fairly small cells ranging in size from a coin to a soda can. Large amounts of expensive material, such as metal current collectors, polymer separators and packaging, would be required to construct a battery or supercapacitor of the size necessary to function effectively in the energy grid. Other than above mentioned products Saison can also offer complete component solution under one roof like Sensors, solar charge controllers, Filter capacitors and some mechanical parts particular for wind application like: Forging parts, casting parts, Gearbox, Encoders, Winch and Drives.

Mr. Puneet Shukla, CEO, Saison Components & Solutions
Mr. Puneet Shukla, Saison

Saison Contact

Email: sales@saisoncomponents.com
Web: www.saisoncomponents.com

 

Share this post