Industry Stalwarts to mark their presence at UBM India’s 3rd edition of Renewable Energy India Awards
Greater Noida, xx, : UBM India is all set to bring in the 3rd edition of the coveted Renewable Energy India (REI ) Awards on 19th September, 2017 at Greater Noida, as a prelude to the 11th Annual Renewable Energy India Expo. The Renewable Energy India Awards in association with Ernst and Young, the process advisors of the event, will honour excellence in the various facets of the Renewable Energy project development and performance. These will include Renewable Energy developers, manufacturers and individuals among others for their achievements and contributions. The awards will unveil industry champions to a global audience on the parameters of excellence and innovation in the renewable energy space.
With the Make In India drive and various global clean energy initiatives, the demand for Renewable Energy is rising and the Indian government’s initiatives serve to compliment the growth of organisations in the Renewable Energy sector. The recognition and Awards will further support and encourage industry players who strive hard to bring a sea change in India’s renewable energy market with groundbreaking innovations & initiatives.
Being in the 3rd year of existence, the awards have grown considerably in terms of participation and credibility — with over 50% increase in the number of nominations this year. The REI Award is now being recognised as a benchmark of achievement in the industry, due to its unbiased approach towards showing the spotlight on the very best the industry has to offer.
The award categories for 2017 are more comprehensive and consist of Leading RE Manufacturers, Leading EPC, Leading RE Developers, Leading State Discoms/Distribution Utilities, Leading RE Storage Solution, Leading RE Technology/Product Innovation and Leading Off-grid Renewables Innovation and RE International Excellence.
The awards are conducted methodically with a process driven robust approach and a neutral jury which comprises industry think tanks who have championed the cause of their chosen domain expertise within the RE sector. The Jury Panel for 2017 are:
– Dr. A.K. Tripathi, Advisor –MNRE
– Ajit Gupta, Former Advisor –MNRE
– K.S. Popli, Chairman & MD, Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency
– Anurag Mishra, Sr. Clean Energy Specialist, U.S. Agency for International Development
– Dr. Bharat Bhargava, Director General – ONGC Energy Centre
– Pankaj Batra, Member (Planning), Central Electricity Authority
– Dr. Sameer Maithel, Founder Director, Greentech Knowledge Solutions
– Tobias Winter, Director – Indo-German Energy Forum (IGEF)
– Dr. Indradip Mitra, Indo-German Energy Programme (IGEN), Green Energy Corridors, Senior Technical Advisor
– Dr. Rajesh Katyal, NIWE, Director General, National Institute of Wind Energy
– Robert J. McCubbing, Counsellor (Commercial) and Senior Trade Commissioner High Commission of Canada to India
The Jury members are scheduled to meet in the first week of September to scrutinise all the nominations. They will deliberate upon and independently score the entries, which will then be tabulated by EY.
Some of the winners of REIA 2016 were Tata Power Solar Systems Ltd, Suzlon Energy Ltd, Punjab Renewable Energy Systems Pvt Ltd, State Load Despatch Centre, Odisha and ACME Cleantech Solutions Pvt Ltd. The gala evening will also consist of attractive features such as awards & recognition ceremony, insights by industry stalwarts, panel discussion, entertainment acts & exclusive networking sessions.
For further details on Renewable Energy India Awards please visit: www.reiaward.com