AEC-Q101 qualified device ensures maximum reliability in harsh industrial environments
China, Beijing, July 9, 2014 — Littelfuse, Inc., the global leader in circuit protection, has introduced the SM712 Series TVS Diode Array (SPA® Diodes), for protecting RS-485 applications with asymmetrical working voltages (-7V to 12V) from damage due to electrostatic discharge (ESD), electrical fast transients (EFT), and lightning-induced surges. The SM712 Series can absorb repetitive ESD strikes above the maximum level specified in the IEC61000-4-2 international standard without performance degradation and safely dissipate up to 19A of surge current with very low clamping voltages. This AEC-Q101 qualified device ensures maximum reliability in the harshest environments so it is well suited for industrial applications, including protecting RS-485 ports in equipment such as security systems, Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs), test equipment, etc.
“The SM712 Series has 50 percent higher power handling capability than other industry solutions, giving design engineers more headroom against worldwide regulatory standards,” said Chad Marak, Product Director for the SM712 Series product line. “It also offers automotive-grade quality that provides design engineers a greater peace of mind in their protection solution for high temperature industrial environments,” added Marak.
The SM712 Series TVS Diode Array Offers These Key Benefits:
• Exceptional power handling capability (600W) with enhanced ESD/surge protection. With 50 percent higher power handling capability than other industry solutions, the SM712 Series gives design engineers more headroom against worldwide regulatory standards.
• Asymmetrical standoff voltage matches the RS-485 transceiver profile, which ensures data lines are clamped to the lowest possible voltage without interfering with normal circuit operation.
• Low dynamic resistance (0.5 ohm TYP) offers the advanced clamping performance needed to protect modern electronics.
• Minimal capacitive loading of 75pF (MAX) preserves signal integrity and minimizes data loss over long installations of RS-485 wiring.
• Automotive-grade quality (AEC-Q101 qualified) ensures maximum reliability in the harshest environments.
The SM712 Series TVS Diode Array is available in quantities of 3,000 in tape and reel packaging. Sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
For More Information
Additional information is available on the SM712 Series product page and datasheet. If you have technical questions, please contact: Chad Marak, Product Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.