Vicor Live Webinar
Summary: Learn how thermal calculations are made, and how online simulation tools can be used to simplify the evaluation of different components and cooling options.
Date: November 3, 2016
Register for “How to Create Cooler Power Systems with Simulation Tools”
As modern electronic systems demand increasingly more power, and power component density increases, eliminating heat is one of the biggest challenges faced by power developers.
Thermal design can be complex and time consuming, with engineers having to review data sheets and application notes to ensure they optimize the cooling of systems. Sometimes estimates are made and then validated by testing real systems to decrease the design time, but the demand for density means that it is more important to calculate the precise condition of the elements of the power system in the customer’s particular application. Fortunately, new simulation tools are being developed that allow preliminary feasibility studies to be conducted in just a few clicks, saving power designers valuable time.
2 live events. Sign up today!
- Thursday, 3 November at 8am Boston, 12pm London, 1pm Berlin, 5:30pm Bangalore
- Thursday, 3 November at 11am Boston, 8am San Francisco, 3pm London, 4pm Berlin
What you’ll Learn:
- Thermal models and the three main cooling methods
- Precise thermal calculation based on data sheets, application notes and safe operating areas
- Online simulation tools that take the pain out of thermal calculations
- How to use thermal simulators for quick analysis of different cooling options
- Worked examples of thermal calculations for real-world power systems
Who Should Attend?
Thermal design is an important part of power system development and this webinar will benefit engineers working in all applications. The webinar is designed to help attendees with a wide range of experience, from recent graduates to power design experts.
There is no charge to attend, but you must register in advance. If you are unable to attend, please do sign up anyway, and we will send you details of how to access the recording of the presentation when it is available.
Vicor Webinar Series
Learn more about current trends and topics
Presenter: Paul Yeaman, Director, Vicor Applications Engineering
Harry Vig, Vicor Principal Systems Application Engineer
Dave Berry, Principal Application Engineer