RF and PHY Layer Throughput Measurement Support for 6CA Terminals
Rollout of LTE-Advanced 6CA Measurement Software Options for MT8821C
Anritsu Corporation (President Hirokazu Hashimoto) starts rollout on October 23, 2017 of the company’s LTE-Advanced FDD DL CA 6CCs Measurement Software MX882112C-061, and LTE-Advanced TDD DL CA 6CCs Measurement Software MX882113C-061 for LTE-Advanced DL 6CA to enhanceits Radio Communication Analyzer MT8821C functions.
The MT8821C is an all-in-one tester with built-in LTE-Advanced terminal RF TRx test functions as well as base-station simulation functions; it has supported both DL CA 4CCs 4×4 MIMO and DL CA 5CCs 2x2MIMO until this new software release.
Installing these new software options adds upgraded support for RF and PHY layer measurements for 6CA SISO and 6CA 2×2 MIMO. Additionally, 6CA linked with LAA*3 is similarly supported.
Operators worldwide are deploying the LTE-Advanced standard to speed-up the older LTE standard and help cope with the explosive growth in services using large data volumes, such as mobile video streaming. The key technologies supporting faster LTE-Advanced network speeds are Carrier Aggregation (CA), which aggregates multiple component carriers (CCs).
In addition, to facilitate a smooth transition to next-generation 5G communications systems targeted for service deployment in 2019, there are plans to introduce LTE-Advanced offering gigabit-class speeds by using even more CCs.
Anritsu is launching these two new software options for tests of RF TRx characteristics for 6CC CA using the company’s popular MT8821C to offer measurement solutions supporting the needs for faster network speeds.
[MT8821C Product Outline]
The MT8821C is an all-in-one tester with built-in RF TRx test functions and base-station simulation functions for LTE-Advanced terminals; it supports tests of TRx characteristics while the terminal is communicating.
In addition, since the MT8821C can control the terminal by signaling it supports measurements directly without changes depending on the chipset, which cuts measurement environment setup costs.
- Supports all cellular technologies compliant with 3GPP/3GPP2 UE RF TRX tests including LTE/LTE-Advanced, Cat-M1/NB-IoT, W-CDMA/HSPA, GSM/EGPRS, TD-SCDMA/HSPA, CDMA2000 1X/1xEV-DO
- Supports LTE-Advanced Downlink Carrier Aggregation:
- 5CCs SISO tests in one unit
- 2CCs 4×4 MIMO and 4CCs 2×2 MIMO tests in one unit
- 4CCs 4×4 MIMO and 6CCs 2×2 MIMO tests in two units
- 5CCs 4×4 MIMO tests in three units
- Supports LTE-U/LAA
- Supports VoLTE voice/video echoback tests
- Supports up to 6 GHz
- 160 MHz wide frequency bandwidth (both Tx and Rx)
- Next generation GUI with large touch panel
- Backwards compatibility with the MT8820 series
[Target Markets and Applications]
- Target Markets: Mobile terminal and chipset manufacturers, communications operators
- Applications: RF performance evaluation for LTE-Advanced terminals
Anritsu India Pvt Ltd
Office No 18, Ground Floor,
Stellar IT park, C25, Sect 62
NOIDA (UP) INDIA
Pin Code 201 309
Phone +91 120 4211330-31-32
Cell Phone : +91 9310 666 466