NORWOOD, MA – December 18, 2017 – Analog Devices, Inc. announces the Power by Linear™ LT8364, a current mode, 2MHz step-up DC/DC converter with an internal 4A, 60V switch. It operates from an input voltage range of 2.8V to 60V, and is suitable for applications with input sources ranging from a single-cell Li-Ion battery to multicell battery stacks, automotive inputs, telecom power supplies and industrial power rails.
The LT8364 can be configured as either a boost, SEPIC or an inverting converter. Its switching frequency can be programmed between 300kHz and 2MHz, enabling designers to minimize external component sizes and avoid critical frequency bands, such as AM radio. Furthermore, it offers over 90% efficiency while switching at 2MHz. Burst Mode® operation reduces quiescent current to only 9μA while keeping output ripple below 15mVp-p. The combination of a small 4mm x 3mm DFN or high voltage MSOP-16E package and tiny externals ensures a highly compact footprint while minimizing solution cost.
The LT8364’s 100mΩ power switch delivers efficiencies of over 95%. It also offers spread spectrum frequency modulation to minimize EMI concerns. A single feedback pin sets the output voltage whether the output is positive or negative, minimizing pin count. Other features include external synchronization, programmable UVLO, frequency foldback and programmable soft-start.
The LT8364EDE is available in a 4mm x 3mm DFN-12 package and the LT8364EMSE is available in a high voltage MSOP-16E (4 pins removed for high voltage spacing). Industrial temperature (–40°C to 125°C) versions (LT8364IDE and LT8364IMSE), and high temperature (–40°C to 150°C) versions (LT8364HDE and LT8364HMSE) are also available. All versions are available from stock. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT8364.
Summary of Features: LT8364
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.8V to 60V
- Internal 4A, 60V Power Switch
- Ultralow Quiescent Current & Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 9μA
- BIAS Pin for Higher Efficiency
- Positive or Negative Output Voltage Programming with a Single Feedback Pin
- Programmable, Synchronizable Frequency: 300kHz to 2MHz
- Optional Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation for Low EMI
- Thermally Enhanced 12-Lead 4mm × 3mm DFN & High Voltage Pin Spacing Version of 16-Lead MSOP packages